Thursday, October 15, 2015

Are we there yet?

Today is day 15. Assuming I can successfully keep my face out of cake or a bottle of wine until I collapse from exhaustion at 8:30 at night, I will have completed half of The Whole 30.

And look what The Hubs did for me!  I left for the gym extra early this morning (thank you JURY DUTY) and this was waiting for me!




So. Folks, it looks like we're doing it. I already posted a list of benefits so far and I stand by those. I feel better than I have in forever.

The hardest thing so far? Coffee.  The first few days I was still having coffee, but technically coffee is NOT allowed on the 30 day Paleo Challenge. My coach "lovingly" corrected me on day seven. So I've weened off of it significantly. I am down to one french press in the morning. For those of you that know me, you know this is a big deal. You don't have to hold your applause! Let me hear you!

But seriously guys, the coffee is the thing. I craaaaaave it. I find myself trying to rationalize reasons to have some.

"It's a double dipper day."
"I started at 5 this morning."
"I have evening classes."

And, my favorite so far, "I CAN DO WHAT I WANT."

But cutting down on my coffee intake has helped my performance in heaps. I don't feel dehydrated after my training sessions, I don't get headaches after working out, and I am definitely (FINALLY) sleeping better.

To be honest, I don't know if I will maintain this forever. I really like coffee. REALLY. But, it's nice to have a basic understanding of how my body reacts to coffee and then proceed from there. So, we'll see.

xx,
Jess.
@paperback_lifter 

No comments:

Post a Comment