Thursday, October 1, 2015

End of Day One

Well, we did it. We made it to the end of day one. I gotta admit, I really was not expecting to feel any different today. I consider myself a "cleaner" eater than most (feel free to also insert nit-picky, snobby, booshie, or paranoid) so I thought I had this.

But then....

Then the witching hour happened. The afternoon snack that I packed turned out to be less than palatable. I was hungry all through my last class, then I had to pick up the kids, feed them, complete all the homework, be polite on a conference call, my husband was running late, etc etc. I had a crockpot of meat sauce going (thank you morning-smarter-well planned me) but still- I wanted to eat all the things and I wanted a glass of wine.

I did none of those things.

Instead, I sat down at the dinner table and told jokes with my kids and ate my dinner like a grown up. I calmed the fuck down people. That's what I did. And it worked.

I will say this: I have a headache. It's a doozy. So, here's hoping all this water will help eliminate it tomorrow....

xx,
Jess.
@paperback_lifter

No comments:

Post a Comment